View Single Post
      11-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #20
fast_lane
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i w/M Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
The car adjusts to the driver's way of driving. If you bought used I would run a quick throttle reset and see if that helps...

1) Push the key in the ignition without foot on break.
2) Press the ignition button to get AUX Power
3) Press and hold the accelerator all the way to the floor for 20-30 seconds
4) Turn off power
I recently purchased a 2011 135i and noticed the same issue. I was so used to my F30 shifting smoothly, especially when coming to a complete stop that I was starting to wonder that something was wrong with 135i's transmission. Yesterday I was stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic on 101 and once i clear the traffic jam and came to a complete stop at a next traffic light, car did not quite jerk or lurch, but something was going on in AT and it was more noticeable.

I did just the above, + waited 2 min after reset to start the engine and it sure helped. I read on bimmerpost forums that it resets AT actuator, or something like that, but not a throttle reset.

Shifting is much smoother now and AT does not jerk when coming to a stop, or at least it's not that noticable.

Previous vehicles:
2014 BMW 328ix M-Package, Dinan Stg1 (totaled); 2015 Subaru WRX; 2013 Hyundai Veloster turbo; 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX; 2003 Honda Civic
Appreciate 0