View Single Post
      01-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
Motorsports, yep, the new tires rub much less. Actually they have not rubbed yet but I've only drove on them two days.

The main reason they don't rub is I went with Toyo T1R's which have rounded shoulders. I used 235/35 fronts and 255/30 rears. I actually think a 265/30 would rub about the same as the prior 245/35 Hankooks. I'll try to get some pics up in a few days so you can see the difference.

I had planned to have the wheels machined but the tire guys suggested different tires first, plus those wheels can probably only be machined a few mm's.

The Toyos ride great. I had already chewed up the old fronts. Apparently my alignment is off from my suspension install. I'm installing the M3 control arm setup in a week or two and redoing the alignment.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0