Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
A 128i does not need any suspension mods for drag racing. It uses the power it has very well. I don't race but every once in awhile I have to show people that I just drive slow, the car isn't slow. I had a Kia Optima right on my tail yesterday morning for instance. We had to stop at a light where there is a sharp up-hill on the other side. He jumped in the right lane as we approached and I am sure it was so he could jump out and get ahead of me in the left. I didn't like that idea so he got to look at my tail lights. No contest. A 128i has enough power to keep up with traffic, even if the traffic is a V6 powered sedan or a V8 powered truck. It can obviously be beat but it's rated to run a 15 second quarter and that's pretty quick.

To beat a few more cars, you could put on a 3 stage inlet, a tune, and maybe headers. What you'd be trying to do at least prior to the headers is get to a higher rated n52. They are rated to deliver 260hp or a bit more in other platforms. With the headers you should be maybe 275hp or maybe a bit more. Another 20-40 hp will make a difference but it isn't a slow car to start with.

Jim
Get a 3.64 diff
Appreciate 0