View Single Post
      12-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

As promised, here are some of the pictures. Collecting some data for 1M suspension development from Ohlins. Many race teams have been asking about this car, asking for performance data (on a shake rig), this will provide them with what they need. I'm very lucky to be a part of the process!

Car going up onto the inspection lift.

This shake rig setup cost over 2 million dollars. It was paid for by many hours of Nascar R&D at first, but now it's used primarily for Indy racing R&D and for performance simulation. Ohlins can load a simulation of VIR, Road ATL or Barber and then simulate every turn, lift and concrete variation with this machine by MTS. It's really amazing technology! And this is what will be used to come up with a suspension completely customized for the 1M.

The workbench, where most of the calculations were being recorded.

Nick (the head R&D auto mechanical engineer) is testing stock spring loads for baselining.

Jeff is taking measurements.

Various suspension setups for race teams throughout the US.

The main automotive work area.

I'll post more, but I wanted to give you guys an idea of the work being accomplished. Once Ohlins is done with the precise measurements, a system will be be machined, tested, fitted on the 1M and then rig testing begins (approximately 2 days worth of work). Stay tuned!
Appreciate 0