View Single Post
      01-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #14
Bill330i
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
Can you tell me more detail about this?

After all the thoughts about M Z4, new m3, 335, I looked at the new G35 concept and I fell in love with it.
I was thinking about going back to japanese auto, save $$$$$ and call it a day.

I am afraid I'll miss the german engineering though.
I've always been a huge Honda/Acura fan ever since I owned a 92 Integra. I loved that car. Had it for 7 years, 107,000 miles, and not an ounce of trouble. Car still looked and drove excellent.

When I got the BMW in 02 I was looking for a sedan but really wanted stick. Acura didn't have anything out then so I figured I'll try a BMW. I liked it but regretted not getting heated seats as I was living in Seattle then. Also I kind of missed driving an Acura. When the TL came out I took a 6 speed for a test drive and really liked it. I also really do like Honda/Acura manual transmissions. I always had trouble driving the manual in the BMW and I had been driving stick for 12 years by then. Some of my friends would kid me and ask if I just learned how to drive stick. Also within the first 6 months I had the car the clutch and the gas pedal needed to be replaced.

The dealer gave me a good deal on my trade and I got the TL. I loved the car, but wished I had kept the BMW longer. I enjoyed the extra amenities in the Acura, and the extra space, but missed driving the BMW. The torque steer on a front drive car with manual transmission and that much horse power can be a pain. So since I was in the accident I thought I would take advantage and go back to BMW. I love the look of the E90 and it felt was just just big enough. The TL always felt a little too big to me. And really nothing beats German engineering.
Appreciate 0