09-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #97
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
From what I've conceived, different oil filter manufacturers have different internal component ordering. This is what I would believe, is why most people suggest an OEM filter, because internal component composition is somewhat higher quality, but it's manufacturer branded, including warranties. You figure, a store brand filer doesn't carry as adequate centrifugal force as a brand model, because brand models have engineering behind them. If they didn't they would be less expensive.

Brake clean is completely out of line. I would never suggest that, and I don't think any of my posts included that under normal operating conditions. However, if you have the components separated and you clean the parts individually, then lube like it would at the assembly line, than the precautions have been taken to ensure performance.

The concept itself is simple, but the engineering behind it is far beyond what people even fathom.

The construction of the aftermarket Mann HU 816X oil filter I buy is of the exact same quality as the BMW filter you buy from a dealer. Mann makes oil filters for BMW, and I bet they come off the same manufacturing line.
Appreciate 0