View Single Post
      01-27-2010, 01:18 AM   #3
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Buying a used JB3 is fine unless it is not a Gen 3 board and then when you do that you do not get the support from BMS on a used tuner. If you have to upgrade to a Gen 3 it will cost you around a 100 bucks with shipping the tuner back and forth to BMS, so it is usually best to buy new if you can. The Jb3 and DCI new sells for 679.00 shipped from me. THe BT tool is a good idea as stated above and you save money when buying it with the Tuner. If you buy a used JB3 then want a BT tool you will pay full price for the BT which is 287 so you end up paying more overall for a used JB3 new BT and new DCI then if you buy it all new for 799 shipped which is the combo price(the DCI is discounted to 100 dollars and the BT is discounted to 120 since you can get the BT basic cable). The other way as stated above you will pay a min of 830 even with the used JB3 at 400 not counting the extra cost to upgrade it if it is an old Gen 1 or 2 board which you will need to have in order to run 2.0 when it is officially released.

Feel free to call me with any questions on this.