View Single Post
      04-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
EFI Logics
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 135i, 08 535Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by uratomb View Post
Did you happened to cut the bolt right below the strut bar shorter?

When I installed mine that bolt appeared to be on the way so we just cut it down.

I think the plate was made to fit a 1 series without the strut bar and a 3 series. Got kinda pissed especially there's almost no room to stick a cutting tool there.

Also, with max camber in 245/40/18 rs3, stock suspension, I can only get -1.9 degree in front. Which rubbed a bit during hard cornering.
We did not have to cut the bolt down at all to get it installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
What is the maximum these camber plates are supposed to get?
We got -2.2 degrees out of mine and we may have been able to get a little more. For my purposes, I don't need any additional camber than that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
OP..

by chance do you have an electronic version of the install instructions for these..

I am expecting them tomorrow in the mail, and plan to install them in the next few days.. I didnt see anything on there site, so i thought they give you a link when you get them ????

I doubt the application would need for you to "cut" anything or turn down such a larg bushing...maybe the wrong bushings were packaged ??? alot of people have put theses in and im sure we would have seen some others with the same concern...
Thanks..

and gary, i heard 2.0 to 2.5 max neg camber. personally ill take anything over the whopping .7 neg that i have LOL ... I chose G/C as they are reported to be quieter...and this is my Daily Driver...

Thnaks again
Sorry, DriveHard. The camber plates never came with instructions that I could share with you. If you are fairly handy with tools I think you can handle this task with a buddy. If you need any help though we would be happy to help you get these all setup and aligned for you.

It is very possible that they sent us the wrong bearing, but I never bothered to contact Ground Control as it wasn't a challenge for us to make it work.

In terms of noise, I think this is a great option if that's one of your concerns. Did I notice a difference in noise? Yes. But it really isn't bad and it's totally worth the resulting steering feedback improvement, front end grip and tire life extension I gained. I actually feel like I get more noise from the Kumho tires.

-Josh
Appreciate 0