09-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez311 View Post
1. It looks like the 3 series is >7% off MSRP when doing European delivery. Any reason to think the 1 series will be much different? Is 10% off MSRP a realistic target to shoot for in negotiating with dealers?
Since it's a new model, You may have a tough time with getting that much off. Definitely try, but new models usually get close to asking price.

Quote:
2. Most of what I've read indicates the initial 1 series for the US will be 2008 model year. What would be the earliest month that 2009 model year cars can be done through ED? I would assume that most 2009 model year cars arrive in the fall, so Im guessing late summer production in Germany?
If it really is a 2008, I'd assume it would only be for a few months. I picked up my 2006 330i in Munich in May 2005.

Quote:
3. Is the Lufthansa 2 for 1 special likely to be extended through 2008? Is this even a deal since you have to buy special fare tickets?
This is highly likely to be continued. I never used this, as I took my kids and wife and Lufthansa was not economical, even with one free ticket.

Quote:
4. When trading in a car at the dealership for European Delivery, is this typically done before flying over to pick up the Bimmer? Or is this done after the Bimmer has been shipped back to the US?
You may be able to negotiate something with your dealer (as I did), but once you sign the paperwork on the car, they expect the trade-in at that time.

One more thing to think of is to join the BMWCCA, and save an additional $500 on the car. If you are a member for a year or more, you get a membership reward for purchasing a new or CPO BMW (the mount varies on the model), but it's totally separate from the negotiated deal.
Appreciate 0