View Single Post
      04-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #73
ehoms
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM M4

Hello all, I wanted to stop by and update this thread.

Well, I moved to The Woodlands, TX on february 5th from Mexico as planned.
First thing I did was getting an F15 X5 for the wife, so a month after I got here I was ready to get myself a car.

Long story short...I got a BSM M4 DCT.

It wasn't my first choice to be honest, a 2015 Solid Red GTR was, but I didn't want to pay cash for a car and BMW FS has the best lease/credit program for foreign nationals with no US credit history like myself and it seemed like a great opportunity to start building my credit history for the future.

The folks at BMW of Houston North found the car I wanted and made everything very easy.

Here are my thoughts from the first 3 weeks of ownership:
- Exhaust note is great but I am thinking about getting the BMW Performance Exhaust just to make it louder.
- DCT vs MT: Coming from a 1M, I do miss the MT but I think this is due to the speed limits in the US.
- I find myself driving with everything set to Sport Plus all the time, it helps the car feel more "raw", and that is something I miss about the 1M.
- POWER: the low RPM torque is amazing. I am still under break in period but the car does feel a LOT more powerful than the 1M.
- HUD: normal or M mode, I don't think I will ever be able to drive a car without HUD. The speed limit information is specially helpful.

Again, I just wanted thank the people who shared their thoughts before and share the decision I made.

In 23 months when the lease is over and I have built my credit history in the US, the search for my next car will be more interesting as my options will be wider. Until then, I will enjoy the M4 and try not to lose my TX DL.
Appreciate 0