View Single Post
      06-26-2017, 12:21 PM   #124
RyanDavies
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Glad to see you back in the fold! I am finally having some success with my car and I think you are spot-on with your springs. My current springs are 7kg/12kg and I am happy with the balance but need to go up a bit in spring-rate, I am finding the car is still rolling a fair bit and needs some help with weight transfer particularly under braking.

I am planning on 8kg / 13kg but was also contemplating turfing my rear swaybar and going up a little to 14kg. The rear bar is not particularly effective and seems like it is primarily just adding weight (I wish I had thought about this before dropping the subframe and installing this...)

Mark
I went down that road before. It's more effective than you think. The rear bar is almost a 1:1 motion ratio. Spring rate = 30lbs at the wheel for every 100 at the spring. So, you can do the math with exactly how much spring you'd need to run to get rid of the rear bar (he had a 19mm, I actually have a 20mm bar on mine now). Kyle warned me about this last year and I was still stupid enough to try it. It was turrrible. And I'd added 200lbs of rear spring to make up for it, wasn't NEARLY enough. To run no rear, I'd end up at like 450/1600. And GLHF with longitudinal weight transfer there. If my car does not have the lateral balance I want with this spring rate, I'm tossing an M3 'vert bar on the back.
Appreciate 0