12-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #8
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
My rears are gone and I've settled on Hankook V12's, my second choice though will be the lightest tire I've seen which are the General Exclaims. The Hankooks are a little heavier but still relatively light and reported to have great traction. I need all the traction I can get. I also hate tire noise and don't mind soft sidewalls since I'm already running 19's and a stiff suspension.
I have the General Exclaim UHP's on my 332ti, only because I bought the car with them. I have only put 6k miles on them, and I hate them with a passion. They are loud running and make as bad a racket on bumps as the runflats do. I'll be throwing them away in the spring, even though they are near new looking. They also have little traction, and I have to be very careful to not spin when taking off. That car has less HP and TQ than our 1ers. What do you want for a mud & snow rated tire though, which they are. The Dunlop 3D snow tires I have on that car right now handle better and a quieter than the Generals.

If you are looking for a summer tire, get a decent one, and those Generals should be run away from. They are rotating garbage.
Appreciate 0