02-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #3395
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
from what i understand its a tricky three way juggle and not just a simple mark on the camber plate. as you move the 'camber' the toe changes requiring another adjustment. I have read the sales material which reads like 'just jack up trackside and slide to the pre determined mark.......' but when i have asked the pros they just laugh and say 'well you can give it a go BUT I wouldn't' I kinda figure the last thing I need at the track doing 200 down the straight is the car wanting to walk about.

Just set it to neg 2 and live with tyres wearing on the inside, plus your gonna wear the outside at the track so alls even i figure
You may be right, but my suspension/alignment guru, Ken Graham from Accurate Suspension (Brisbane), assures me it's not that hard. He says he can measure up both the settings I want in his workshop, print out the readings and arrive at something I can easily adjust to at the track/home. Dunno.

I'm currently running nearly 4 degrees of fixed neg camber. Great on track! I was contemplating a 2 deg compromise if I don't adjust before & after track days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
I have Vorshlags in stock to suit KW V2s
Cool. PM me the super price you can offer me Stu!

Vorshlags look great, but some Ground Control units have padded perches which may offer better NVH isolation for my daily driver. GC tell me they have a set that will fit my setup but want my top spring inner diameter - which I can't measure while they're on the car. Does anyone know what this measurement may be? I thought it's be the same as OEM as the KWs use the OEM upper perch, but I don't know what that is either…

Edit: KW agent Mike from Prestige & Performance in Coorparoo tells me he should be able to supply. Still happy to hear what price you can get the Vorshlag plates to me for though Stu.

Last edited by TimMc; 02-12-2013 at 01:22 AM..
Appreciate 0