View Single Post
      04-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #44
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrenetiK View Post
Again I say minus the stigma of the people that own vettes, whats not to love about a high horse power car that is sexy and has decent handling for an american car? with a few suspension upgrades they look pretty nice at autocross and on the track.
They have much better than "decent" handling.
Our 135's have decent handling, not great.

The overall length could be shorter, imo.
There's a lot of real estate up front as seen from the drivers seat, which is way back. I hear, and hope, the new Vette will be smaller and lighter, although it's not heavy to begin with.

For me, and I think many others, the interior is what holds back more sales of the Vette. Again, the new Vette will get a much improved and modern interior, or so we're told. I do believe it.
The current interior screams GM design before the bail out. GM's since the bail out have nice to very nice interiors. Even the smaller and less costly Cruze has a very nice, modern interior that shocked me when I first saw it. The new interiors are a 180 degree departure from the design language GM used to have. The Malibu interior as well is quite nice. However, the new Malibu has a redesigned interior, which I don't think is better than the one it's replacing.
I digress though.

I don't name my cars.
My first car got a nickname/name from my friends in high school.
They called it the "gray ghost". It was a 1971 Chevy Biscayne sedan with a 1 barrel carb, inline 6 cylinder, 4.1 liter (250ci). I learned a lot about the basic's of auto technology with that car.
Appreciate 0