View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #15
IS+1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 (AW 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjt View Post
I've been thinking about installing coilovers with camber plates eventually. I will definitely look into increased negative camber. Any settings you would recommend?

Have you experienced any brake fade with stock fluid? Just curious. I will do an oil change and a fluid flush before I go to the races.
The most negative camber I am able to get on the front with the M3 wishbones/tension rods and the Dinan camber plates is -1.8 degrees. Ideally even more would be better, but my car is also a daily driver so I
didn't want to go with anything more aggressive than the Dinans. I'm sure there are guys here running upwards of -2.5 degrees.

I'm also running 0 toe in the front (the factory spec is slightly toe-in; toe-out will give better handling but I was told it will also make the steering more sensitive/track less straight in daily driving).

I actually ran two full track days with my stock brake fluid last year and had no fade at all, however this year I switched to racing brake fluid as an added safety precaution.

One more helpful hint: It's very easy to get carried away out there, so remember these two words which one of the instructors at the club I do lapping with tells us to always keep in mind whenever we're out on the track: "GOOD JUDGEMENT"!!!

Have fun and stay safe!
Appreciate 0