Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 128i Sport /w PDC and ComAcc

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaillen View Post
This guy has it right. At this point, his header probably needed to be upgraded as it was restricting his engine's CFM.

To the poster, the N52 can produce a ton of HP with the right parts; it has the right base for sure, just not enough after-market support yet, which means parts are expensive. If a k24 (2.4 litre) can push out 295 whp (dynojet) without a turbo, certainly the N52 can do better. Mind you, this guy's build is full racing and probably quite expensive, but it gets the point across. Besides the fact that an 300 WHP NA car will have incredible throttle response and no lagged/surging power delivery, unlike a turbo.

To the guy who told the poster to sell his car and go buy a car with a turbo, shame on you. If you're looking for a ton of power nice and easy from the N52; find/install a small turbo setup (running at 6 or 7 psi) for your machine and call it a day; why buy a whole new car? In general, getting a ton of HP from a turbo is easy and relatively cheap 3-5k, vs NA which can get very expensive but generally nets a faster car (aside from drag racing).

It's up to you how you want to go, but don't ditch the car because it's not giving you want you want, just decide the direction you want to go (turbo/na) and stick with it; both will be rewarding.
+1 Good post. way to back up a fellow ADD1CTED. I'm just going to throw this out there...Twin charger...Ready...FIGHT!!!.
Black Badge - Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 18" - ASA AR1 18" - B&M Short Shifter - aFe Stage 2 CAI Pro 5 R - Gloss Black Kidney Grills - Performance Pedal Kit - CDV delete - Custom Tint - Bastuck Exhaust w/o Silencer - Custom Tune
Appreciate 0