kmpowell
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli882 View Post
Good advice +1

I would also ask them for a breakdown of any work done on the car as part of the Approved use checks & the results of any checks i.e. brakes wear etc

Plus request confirmation that there will be no issues with any future warranty claims because of it being a press car?

Most of all - enjoy the car
I wouldn't use the phrase 'press car', because the dealer can still say the car wasn't used by the press and he would technically be correct. The car however was owned by BMW UK, and belonged in the pool of cars that were loaned and used to promote the car. Cars in that pool were not owned by an individual person (so that's a fib by the sales guy) they were loaned to the press and the dealer networks etc

I agree with mogli882, ask them for a breakdown of any work done on the car as part of the Approved use checks & the results of any checks i.e. brakes wear etc Plus request confirmation that there will be no issues with any future warranty claims because of it being a one of the original pool press/promotion cars.

GOX and a few others were hammered to within an inch of their life by the press, and if it were one of those cars you now owned I suspect the advice here would be different (money back etc!). However, if it were me I wouldn't be too worried, because from the evidence on the web it suggests it's not been used for hard test reviews by magazines and TV programmes.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Last edited by kmpowell; 09-27-2012 at 04:46 AM..
Appreciate 0