06-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #12
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Thanks for the comment. That's indeed exactly the point why I am considering their part so seriously, over a cheaper and well known mid pipe like Maddad. SS is a great company for sure and I feel that they indeed researched and designed these parts all together. Since I am in no way going to change the stock down pipes unless one day I go for a tune which remains highly unlikely, it may be my best bet for a perfect fit and unique exhaust sound.

I also worry about how Maddad and Evolve Race could syncro in terms of sound. Could be great or not, depends. It was the main concern for me from the start, that's why I went with the less risky N55 initially because they are closer to stock, much quieter while Maddad has a very distinct sound through its twin resonators. It is almost made for upgrading N54 engined cars with stock muffler.

I sure don't want to mess up with my Evolve Race's sound or replace it, absolutely love it; just could be even more juicier a bit if the drone remains absent or very low as it is now. N55 seems to be great in every other aspect (response, power, drone) but it may be limiting the Race muffler sound.
You are probably already aware, but SS makes Evolve's pipes, so I suspect it would fight quite perfectly.