View Single Post
      08-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #13
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdomPHD View Post
hey man...whoaaa... I know better than to say something "better" than something else on these forums. haha. All I'm saying is that the 1M was designed by BMW GMBH (a group of market geniuses) to get you interested; hence, limited production time table. Also it doesn't incorporate the new F styling which BMW is using accross it's entire line up, indicating again that the 2 series will quickly supplant the short term 1M.

For what I do, I'd take the 1M over an M3 for lower end RPM performance. But as far as looks go, the M3 takes the cake. BUT, when the M2 arrives I will almost certainly be saying something different.
So you spoke to the BMW gods and they told you this car was to get you interested?

No one knows when there will be another 1M or a 2m; etc. EVEN if they did want to bring another 1M, they never bring an M class until minimum 1-2 years into that body style.

Also ill take the 1M over the m3 any day. I think it looks just as good, and the driving difference is a HUGE difference. The e9x M3 is a luxury cruiser. The 1M is the true e30/e36/e46 successor. It's a true sports car.
Appreciate 0