View Single Post
      11-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Thumbs up Rear M3/1M camber link conversion kit for your 1 series

One of the last two remainings rear-end pieces to complete your E9X M3 suspension conversion. The other being the rear toe link, which is still under development but will be available soon.

This R&D process took several weeks to complete, but it is finally done and is available for ALL E82/E9X 1 and 3 series owners. Rear E9X M3 lightweight alloy lower camber links will replace the heavy 135i and 335i steel counterparts. The M3 camber link is a good 2 lbs!!! lighter per unit and is much stronger in design with less flex. The dampers will be better positioned to have a quicker reaction time to bumps and no longer be in the soft and flexible 135i/335i rubber saddles. Height adjuster, coil-over style spring with spring thrust sheets will be used. although not required, but highly recommended. We offer spring rates from 400 in/lb all the way to over 1000 in/lbs(Any spring rates over 800lbs will require a custom rear damper). Dampers can be Koni single or double adjustable units valved properly to handle most of the spring rates we toss at them. AST and KW will soon be available as well.

See the full R&D write-up here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227480

All mounting hardware is included with the proper headlight verticle aim bracket.

Benefits:
-Lightweight aluminum
-Stronger than the 335i links by design
-Less flex
-Better M3 style rear damper mounting for faster damper reaction time

If you already have Koni dampers, you can choose to replace the rear dampers only in either single or double adjustable M3 variety. If you are on KW(Maybe an option at a later date), Bilstein, Tein, etc. It is our recommendation to convert to either Koni or AST at this time.

Alternatively, if you need a complete coil-over set-up, we offer AST and Koni single or double adjustable coil-over kits.

Choose our custom Swift springs for the ultimate in handling for your BMW. Swift's R & D team created material, called H5S.TW, which is stronger than regular silicone chrome material. Because of this material, they could make the spring wire thinner and could wind the springs with fewer coils, which greatly decreased weight while dramatically increasing available stroke.

Benefits:
-Lighter Unsprung Mass
-Smoother Weight Transfer
-Better Ride Quality
-Lower Tire Temperature
-Increased ability to anticipate vehicle reaction

Price at $649.95

***usually ships in 3-4 days***

Headlight aim bracket only:

https://hpautosport.com/product/cust...-link-convers/
Attached Images

Last edited by HP Autosport; 09-05-2023 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0