View Single Post
      07-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
Tweeked SRT4
Resident SRT4 Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 Dodge SRT4

Broken Serpentine Belt

Well I had a lovely night. It started out with me going out to pick up a pizza when unexpectly the battery light came on and my power steering was gone. The car still ran fine but I still pulled over to the side and pop the hood to check on things. I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary but someone smelled like burning rubber a little bit. So I decided to just keep going and just manage to drive the car without the power steering working properly just to pick up the pizza since I'm schedule an appointment to bring the car in today for the driver's window, headlamp that was out and for the adaptive headlamp system was not working. I'm at a stop light and when it turned green I pull away from the light as I get through the intersection I just heard all this noise under the hood like the serpentine belt broke and sounded like I was running it over too. I quickly pull over and pop the hood again and shine my phone with the LED flashlight on it and sure enough the belt snapped and was shredded up pretty good. The car is a 2011 with only 7500 miles on it. I couldn't believe I had a belt snap at 7500 miles. It's almost unheard of to me. I've never once snapped a belt on any of my cars. So I ended up calling roadside assistance and they had a tow truck out to me in about 60-70 minutes. I'm curious to know what caused the belt to snap like it did. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated after I talk to the dealer.
2013 Subaru STI Sedan in WR Blue
Appreciate 0