View Single Post
      10-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #62
ParkNuts
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra351w View Post
I guess anything's possible, with the correct code.!

Well off to the dealers this morning, armed with the postings, so they can't tell me it's me.!

Try and find out about the mythical code, see if it's global, and see if it's fixed.

I'll also try to find out if they upgraded the code,as per SIB-12-22-10 in the past year when I've had the car, as I'm damn sure it didn't do this, when I first had it.!

regards..
I have good news for you. I was probably the #1 complainer about the slow roll throttle lag and I talked with my dealer about the issue for over a year. About a month ago I got a call to bring my car in because my guy in the service dept did some research and told me BMW was working on a fix. They finally have it. I'm not sure exactly what the software code is for it but it has pretty much completely alleviated the issue. Much more predictable and no more wondering when the car is going to move. Bring your car in and ask for an update specifically for the DCT cars. It has transformed the car and I'm finally super happy with it.

With regard to putting M-DCT software on our cars it's extremely doubtful - and in my case not necessary anymore. That software has to account for the ability to tweak those particular settings and we don't have the hardware to do that in our cars. It would take experts time to code the software and make it applicable to our cars. But like I said, don't worry about this option and get your car in for the new software update.
Appreciate 0