View Single Post
      08-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
Scott B
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Fear and Loathing - The 1M Chargepipe

A few months back I bought the ER chargepipe in hopes to thwart an issue with the stocker. Just as I was about to install it, I noticed that it required relocating the DV's, breaking the stock DV fasteners (didn't accommodate the OE fasteners), and that it was missing a port on the underside which goes to a baffle box on the 1M. For these reasons, and the warranty risk, I decided to return the ER pipe and keep the stocker.

Fast forward to last weekend at Sonoma Raceway. During the last session of the day, I experience a loss of power under boost which turns out to be a cut in the chargepipe. Ugh. It's getting replaced under warranty with the same flawed part, of course.

I wonder if there's a modification that can be done on the stock chargepipe to strengthen the neck at the throttle body..? I'm even wondering if stronger motor mounts would keep it from experiencing so much flex, and therefore prevent breakage..?

Welcome any thoughts/ideas. I'm not against replacing the chargepipe, but I'm not willing to compromise the OE design and fitment.
Appreciate 0