10-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #20
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbmw View Post

Evidently BMW NA has burried this so deeply, and made changes, that US Service departments can not find this information. It is especially troubling that the Service Bulletin copy provided by my friend at the other dealership had no mention of the MTF-LT-5 requirement. This US bulletin is essentially the same one quoted on this board that was the Canadian version, with the exception that the MTF-LT-5 requirement was omitted.

Bottom Line...thanks to this board. No wonder the US Dealers are confused. I had 2 Service Managers at 2 different BMW dealerships looking this up, and both could not find it. It took the personal efforts of one of the Service Managers to physically call BMW Technical in Germany several times to get the correct answer.

I forgot to ask you, did the Tech that called and got the answer reference a Service Bulletin date or number that does list the correct Trans Oil Requirement? This would be very helpful to point our local dealers to to help avoid this issue being repeated over and over again.

Thanks
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0