View Single Post
      06-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
deutschman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i black/black sport package

Trouble with a 2010 135i engine

The trouble started one morning when the GF and I were headed into SF for work. We had just gotten the car back from a brake service at the dealership and were really happy to have the car back. I started the car up and immediately . The car was running really rough like it was missing a cylinder and smelt really rich along with a Check Engine light. We drove it strait back to the dealership to get looked at, but of cores about one minute into the drive it went back to normal. We took it in anyways. They could not find anything wrong with the car and gave it back to us the next day.
The next day (Friday) the car was fine all day, but then it started to go down hill. Saturday it had the same symptoms again, but this time lasted longer before disappearing again. I quickly took a video to show out service manager.

Sadly the service department is closed Saturday through Sunday in San Rafael. As my GF was on her way home from work Sunday, the symptoms came back, and this time they did not go away at all. Early Monday morning we took the car back in again. I just got a call back from our service manager. He says the engine needed a valve cover gasket which could be part of the problem if it was causing a vacuum leak I guess. He also said the car 'might' need a new set of injectors (the car supposedly already had the recall injectors replaced a few months ago). It seams to me the are just guessing here, and dont know exactly what is happening.
What do you guys think? Anyone ells had this problem?