View Single Post
      06-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
Fireflyer239
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Jeep, Ducati & Harley

My choice of the Bilstiens came from hearing good thinks about monotube dampers in general, and the company's reputation for consistent quality. I feel they are a perfect match for the BMWP springs, ideal damping for the spring rate. Together, they give a ride that is at one time incredibly comfortable while being very responsive and controlled, very secure at speed while encountering bumps, dips, expansion joints etc. Things that would once greatly upset the car are now handled very securely, at any speed.

To be clear, upon picking the car up from my installer and while just rambling out of the pothole-ridden parking lot, my first impression was of a softer feel than I imagined there would be. Upon shooting down some twisty backroads, I was extremely pleased to find lots of taut, firm control. I noticed much less roll, much more fun. After 1,000 miles, I'm still thrilled with how the suspension reacts quickly enough to take the edge off the sharpest impacts, while at the same time maintaining excellent chassis control during harder driving. Their ability to perform well through the entire envelope of driving conditions I experience, is what I wanted and what I got...and on the first try! I sense a high quality feel with these dampers, firm but never harsh, and very secure when pushed. I have to give a mention to the HP Autowerks control arm bushings for giving me more precise steering for not a lot of money. You won't be going wrong with any of your choices.

Last edited by Fireflyer239; 06-19-2012 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0