h-manuk
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris ABP View Post
So I took my 1M in to the dealer today and completely wasted 2 hours of my life

Firstly my car was registeted in October 2011 and the revised security for the windows (stop then being opened from the door keyhole) was a waste of time as my car didn't have this weakness.

Secondly don't get too excited about any other additional OBD / Key programming security as contrary to what I had been told this wasn't on offer either! In BMWs mind the additional security solely consists of the window modification preventing them from being opened and it has no relevance to disabling the key programming option from the OBD port....

So all in all a complete waste of time and it appears my own OBD security measures taken are far superior to those offered by BMW!

Good luck with everyone else planning to waste their time!
Are you serious, the supposed fix from BMW is to resolve the window opening and nothing to do with disarming the OBD from programming keys?
Current mods: Forge FMIC, N55 Midpipe, Alcantara Steering Wheel, OEM 2012 LCI Black lines, BMW Performance grilles and pedals, Ohlins R&T suspension, Supersprint Exhaust, BMS Charge Pipe, Forge Diverter Valves

Last edited by h-manuk; 11-21-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0