10-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #19
LotusBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M, N55, KW's DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_zito View Post
Jamie, Ozinaldo thanks.
I went into the BMW dealer and the guy said..."no, you do not need anything unless it is indicated in the panel". Then I came to the computer, downloaded the information, papers on the forum, called 2 other repair services and they all said the same....service at 2000KM for ALL M-cars.

I called again, asked for the manager and he said "Sorry, the guy that spoke to you was not aware of this since the 1M is new here"
Unfu..ing believable
Hi ! And yes, you better do that 1st service. It is also essential to keep your factory warranty. Other than that, and contrary to what trackday nuts seem to believe, you can drive your 1M on a racetrack without any modification, other than decreasing tire pressure. After around 20 minutes of serious driving, you will notice a decrease in braking efficiency, which is called "fading". To avoid that braking issue, you should upgrade to a better braking fluid.
Other modifications can be useful if you plan to go on track on a regular base, but will often decrease the everyday usability of your car, and can have an adverse effect on your dealer warranty, so think twice ...
Appreciate 0