Thread: 135i Cooling ?
View Single Post
      09-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fasst1 View Post
Hello everyone,
I have owned a 135 for about a year now and this is my first post. Thank everyone for sharing their knowledge. It has been very helpful. As you know our turbo cars generate more heat than na cars. I have not had any issues, but would like to improve on this.I dont track the car, but do have fun on the back roads.On hot days and heavy traffic I notice oil temp rising. I have thought about the BMW PPK which would add a stronger cooling fan and a additional radiator. Another up grade would be a larger oil cooler such as DINAN that is about twice the size of our stock unit. Has anyone with either of these upgrades noticed any improvement?
Water is the primary cooling agent for the internal combustion engine. What you want is additional water cooling and not oil cooling. With better water cooling you will see lower oil temps as well. Not to rain on the oil cooler manufacturer's parade, but that is the fact. Until water cooling issues are addressed, you will only see minimum drop in oil temps even with larger oil coolers.
Appreciate 0