View Single Post
      09-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #27
sonicbimmer19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 and F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI128 View Post
Time for an update.... The factory engineer looked at my car and found no reason why they wouldn't repair the bumper. So right now they are removing the bumper and refinishing the clear coat. They have told me it will look good as new... Thanks for everyone's help.:w00t:
A lot of times it has to do with the dealership. I've had quite a few small problems with my car. The first dealership that I was advised not to go to but I went because of proximity, declined to fix everything. Took my car to another dealership and they fixed everything and beyond without a question.

Big dealerships tend to fix things for you because they can. They have loaners and they have good relationship with BMW of North America (because they sell a lot) so they can contact BMW of NA and say they have a customer with blah blah blah but small dealerships will try to avoid dealing with warranties because they have to keep your car in their lot, give you a loaner, and BMW of NA might decline to pay them for the work and they can't afford that.

Anyway, really happy you are getting your car fixed. My daily is Camry and it has not given me too many problems in about 8 years. On the other hand, my 4.5 year old BMW has given me some small annoying problems. But at the end of the day, it's BMW and it's worth every penny and worth every small problems/headaches
Appreciate 0