10-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #33
E91 M Sport
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihave1 View Post
Sorry to hear you are having the same problem E91 M Sport. My noise has increased again since it has been raining and in the 60s all week. It's really annoying to hear this clunking while driving around.
Your issue may be different, but in my case I dont believe it's the spring. I think it is the valving inside the shock. I've tried use thick rubber tape like you linked to and it did not help. Let me know what you find out!

"Groaning" seems to be the right term and there seem to be lots of other cases of it with varying levels of support from KW. I've had my rebuilt and tested twice by KW without any success. They said there is no local support in the NC area so I'm out of luck.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23060
Damn that sucks. I was hoping you'd chime back in and say everything was all clear. Many have said it could also be the shock/valving etc, but I'm hoping that isn't the case. I don't want to screw around w/shipping, uninstalling, re-installing, alignments etc.

Humidity definitely makes the sound worse for me too BTW.

ST has a facility here in Cali but it's 6-7 hour drive so that's not an option. Would be nice to take it there though so they can experience the noise first hand. I'm still going to try the rubber tubing around the coils and I'll let you know my results.
Appreciate 0