View Single Post
      01-11-2009, 12:53 AM   #16
boxerdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Saphire 135i Spt & Prem

Yes, I'm driving with Dunlop 3D's and I do get the DSC on dry as well specially starting after a red light or taking a turn a little fast. . The 3Ds do a great job in snow and ice but I have a feeling that they won't last very long if I drive on dry roads to much.

I got my car a week before the first snow of the winter. Quickly, but I mean very quickly I realized that the snow tires could not wait. Immediately, I order them, unfortunately, it tool about a week before they arrived and I ended up getting rides from friends and family to get to work. The day they arrived, it was sunny but we still had a little snow on the roads. I only had to drive about two miles of residential roads to get to the tire place. It was like being in a horror movie. I felt that everyone around me was going to hit me. I barely made it to the top (at about 5mph) on a very low and small hill. Had to drive with the hazard lights on to let others know that I was being irresponsible ..... My point, it's not worth it, don't do it, just pay the money for the winter tires and be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgie2 View Post
I'm finding the DSC "kicking in" on DRY roads when I punch it with the snow tires on. This happening to anyone else?
Appreciate 0