View Single Post
      02-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
Vtec Abuser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

DIY DCT Launch Control (Have I discovered something here?)

Right guys, I think I may of stumbled across something here whilst trying to find the best way to launch my 135i DCT.
Now some of you may remember my previous thread/problems I had a few months back when trying to run my moddified (Flash tuned) 135i @ the 1/4 mile track..

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ight=santa+pod

Since that day it has bugged me to the bone that I haven't been unable to extract the full potential from my car at the track due to the LC being next to useless when the car has some extra ponnies under the bonnet (those that have tried will know what I mean), unless of course you have DR's .
Without LC you basically have to launch the car from tick over revs and wait whilst the turbo lag has bogged off before you actually get anywhere. This is obviously not ideal when running a car over the 1/4 mile and thus resulted in my poor 60ft times. Unlike the earlier Steptronic cars with the conventional auto, it is not possible to 'Brake Boost' a DCT car. As soon as you apply any throttle whilst on the brake peddle the computer just spoils the fun (DCT owners will again know what I mean).
The other problem with LC, is it only works whilst DSC is only half dis-engaged (stability control still on) and this also spoils the fun when cutting power in 1st whenever I have tried running the car at the track.
So whilst in my car yesterday, I decided to have a play about and see if it is possible in any way to dial in some revs from a standstill when launching the car, but only whilst having DSC fully dis-engaged.
Voilą...

As you can see by the camera going flying, it's certainly affective..

All I have basically done is switched DSC totally off, gearbox into M and sport button on (although I don't think the last 2 have any affect) and pumped the accelerator/gas peddle quickly... This then makes the revs jump up and you can then feather in what revs you want (about 2.5k seems about right for me) before realsing the brake pedal and holding on .
Give it a try guys, it seriously works Just need to get my car back to the track now and see what she can do..

If this has already been discovered and discussed then apologies and I shall slope off with embarrassment to the nearest corner..

Last edited by Vtec Abuser; 02-22-2012 at 05:30 AM..
Appreciate 0