09-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #94
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by madfast View Post
yes, but if you spin once with your left and twice with your right, you can run into interference on the right side. for instance lets say you spin the wheel at a constant speed. with the left hand, you spin it once and the whole spin is completed. with the right hand however, as soon as you finish the first spin, you must spin it again. that's where interference comes into play. the faster you spin (more rpm) the first spin with your right hand may not have finished when you begin the second spin. this would then defeat the whole purpose of twin scroll to begin with, because there is interference from 2 pulses into 1 scroll too close together.

if you look at your example, the spacing between 1 and 5 is fine, but the spacing between 5 and 1 isnt. they're too close together.

is 2 twin scroll possible? yes of course. is it worth it? i dont think so...
Not sure if it's worth it, but at the moment - you have to spin it three times on each scroll. 5-1 will have the same sort of interference as the current 5-1 situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emos325 View Post
Ok so why wouldn't the exhaust manifold have a trick flap that is controlled by a solenoid that is connected to the cams and ecu to alternate the 3rd pulse back and forth between firing cycles? I am mechanically and engineerically challenged but wouldn't that be an option? Wouldn't fill the trick manifold as well? or maybe ^ all that but for the intake side? Just wondering?
I guess that's possible but that means that each inlet has to had a valve like that... isn't that a bit complex?
Appreciate 0