03-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #21
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post

His very good and more comprehensive impressions (compared to my old thread on PSS with the 1M) almost totally confirm my impressions about this tire, as I always said that BMW's choice of not putting PSS as stock tire can only be explained by a) tires were really not ready at the time of pre-production like one M engineer or executive once stated, b) it was too easy and cheap to go with the M3 Competition Pack stocks, commercial logic and c) Who wants (or wanted) a 1M performing better than a stock M3? And probably all of these alternative explanations were correct.

Thanks for the post Pete, please tell more about your next tire pressures, in fact I also feel that PSS seem to need different pressures than PS2, just didn't start experimenting yet.

great update... I think it best if we don't ASSUME what options the engineers had available, in making statements such as " BMW should have put these on from the beginning".

Bottom line though, is that there seems to be no reason to replace the PS2s with anything other than PSS. Better wear, better grip, better ride, and 50% better price... only negative is slightly less turn in..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 03-27-2012 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0