View Single Post
      10-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

I don't really know much about electronics, but maybe the power of your LEDS + HIDs is what caused the bulbs out.

For example, lets say the limit is 1.0 for the signal error out to occur

HIDs have been made at .9 so no error occurs
Lets say the standard angel eyes have .05

.9+.05 = .95

Now lets say the new angel eyes have .11
.9 + .11 = 1.01 and BAM ur over the limit and the bulb error occurs

of course, I don't think this is right because aren't LEDS suppose to reduce power when compared to normal bulbs?

Sad to see these are so "expensive". I really think the entire kit should come with bulbs and HID for ~400-500 and not having to buy everything separately. After your story, it might have been cheaper to just get OEM xenons because those go for around $1000, and you had to pay extra installation fees.

I'm happy I took the wait and see approach. Too much going on right now with those lights. At first I was considering, but then saw they did NOT include HID's. Then I saw pics and the light was weak, so waited for the new LEDS bulbs, now they don't work.

I hope you resolve your issue soon. I wonder what JLevis has to say about this. I noticed when these lights came out first they were very behind the product. Then once they posted the pics of the new angel eye LEDs and said they were pure white, nobody could tell from the pics, and seeing yours, they look VERY BLUE. Since then they haven't posted much especially since the couple of negative reviews

But I also don't really think its JLevis fault completely either. If you remember, the DEPO's were the ones that came with the weak angel eyes to begin with, and they tried to find a solution. However, since you were one of the first to adopt them, I would think they would treat you differently.

I hope it works out : )!