06-05-2021, 08:06 PM   #10
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I wonder now if BMW dealers replace their own glass. A few years back I got quotes from a couple of glass companies to replace windshield on my Subary Lagacy GT Wagon. I decided to take it to the dealer for this same reason. This was around 2003. The windshield was about $300 aftermarket and dealer was about $425. I went with dealer. I showed up a little bit early and there was a truck driving out of the dealer from one of the outfits that quoted me $300. An the service advisor sees him pulling out and say..."ah, your windshield is ready" That will be $425. : )
The BMW dealer in Boise told me that they do windshield replacements in house, and to all appearances they did on both of my cars, with the most recent replacement having been done 1.5 years ago. This dealer also owns a number of other brand dealerships all on the same very large "campus," including Toyota, Lexus, GM, Cadillac, RAM, Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep. They also have a body shop on site. It's certainly possible that they have window people who work on all of their brands; that I wouldn't know.
ayao643.00