Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
I had been told that the replacement dash would arrive sometime in the late fall. Alas it is now January. I stopped by the dealer today and talked to my parts guy . . . still no ETA for the dash 7 months after it was ordered, and with supply issues as they are now it is unlikely that there will be any news soon.

… I have significant concerns about rattles after the whole dash is removed and replaced. …

What says the collective mind here?

If I go the cash route, what is a reasonable "loss of value" claim for a car with dash replacement which previously had a clean carfax?
I’ve taken out my dash to enable an 100% OEM routing of the 302 Alarm Retrofit accessory (was manditory for insurance in my home country). I would not have trusted any dealer to do this. But I recall that the factory must have known about the rattle spots as i found extra lint tape on the corner spots near glass. Think these were done proactively (my build date was 20/9/2011) so may not result in rattle in every car. My point is that if you’re no stranger to hex bits en 10mm socket wrench and you have a solid 2 days and without reservation trust your own mechanics skills, it can be cathartic. You’ll visit the deep spaces in your 1M that few will ever experience, and afterwards you’ll feel even more connected to all things e8x/e9x.
I prefer to do my own work, but I don't think this is one I would want to tackle.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0