View Single Post
      10-13-2014, 06:29 AM   #1
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Caltex Eflex v's United E85

So I have a host of Q's re running ethanol, and the 1er forum seems to get more performance related posts/threads so I thought I would post up here!

I've been meaning to get a PTF E40 map for a while now, and have decided to get the fuelit stg 2 upgrade to ensure my lpfp pressures are all ok and a new hpfp to ensure the fuel system is working at it's optimum.

So there is a caltex servo within a 10 minute drive from where i reside which stocks eflex, whereas my closest united e85 stockist is more like 30 mins away..

From what I believe the caltex is E70, so basically I'm assuming it would just require a slightly higher 'dose' then the united product? Is there any quantifiable differences once the caltex eflex or united e85 is diluted to one's desired ratio of E40 etc?

Also my car is a weekender, and sadly I hardly drive it all that often I'm concerned about the ethanol absorbing moisture and potentially causing problems with the contaminated fuel? I believe you can purchase fuel stabilsers to counteract this, or is this just all negative hoopla created over the years?

It would be great to get some feedback from you ethanol users out there
Appreciate 0