View Single Post
      05-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
Vargas' twin turbo setup made something like 725 hp to the wheels running meth and race fuel. Vinshu/FFTEC single turbo made something like 715 to the wheels running similar fueling. I think they both finally quit pushing it as the stock motor can only handle so much and best not to find that limit.

Install of either setup isn't much different than replacing the stock turbos. Figure about the same install time.

What I would really like is a rock solid 500 hp to the wheels running straight 93 octane. I don't want to run e85 and I don't want a tank of meth in the trunk. Probably by the time my warranty is done someone will have this worked out nicely. I believe either setup can probably run that now but I've not seen much to the effect. It's usually all about biggest numbers running whatever it takes to produce them.
+1.

If you're not going for a dyno queen, turbo lag can be minimized --and spool-up maximized -- with a properly sized turbo and a well-designed manifold.

I'm thinking that a single twin-scroll turbo (B-W EFR, Garrett GTX,..) could be pretty sweet.

Neil
Appreciate 0