blutattoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
I don't know how you were able to get that much life out of the stock pads. Once I picked up speed I went through a brand new set in only a day. I think you pads disappearing so fast now may be a side effect of you picking up speed and braking more aggressively. No street pad will last more than a day or two on a track event w/o slowing down. Even the Ferodo 2500's won't last too long for serious track use. Like yandy said, if you going to be tracking, get some dedicated track pads.
It may be a combination of the fact I was a bit slower and I use to run with the DTC partially on. That may have helped spread the wear over both front and rear pads since both where finished at the same time. Now I run without DTC on at all, so the fronts take the majority of the abuse as intended. I guess it'll depend on the track, but the track I spend the majority of my time on isn't that bad on pads. Really only two turns with threshold braking so as long as I stay away from Laguna I should be good for more than two days I think. I'm not going back to Laguna until May so I have some time to research track pads.

You run mainly at VIR right? I've heard that track is crazy fast with some really difficult braking. I met a guy with a carbon pkg Z06 who said the same thing about VIR that he'd destroy pads in a day or two there.
Appreciate 0