05-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #21
Cisitalia
No fast lane bandits allowed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i TiAg 6mt M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
Oh god... Not another one of these critiques that the Porsche wins due to someone's ability to quote lap times.

They mention pretty clearly if it was purely performance the Porsche wins. Cayman R doesn't have a radio of a/c I think. No big deal if it's a track car, but most of us like to take these kind of cars out on the strip to watch heads turn sometimes. I may even want to take a girl for a spin, no a/c and radio is a kicker for me.
The Cayman R can be oredered with A/C and a radio. I bet the majority that come to the USA will have A/C and radio. Only die hard track junkies will order it with out those options.

This reminds me of the 911 RS America back in the early '90s that A/C and radio and sunroof were optional. It was very hard to find any used RS America without those options, so I bet bet the Cayman R will be equipped with those creature comforts that the majority wants.

I get the feeling that you may have not spent any quality time driving any Cayman and I'm not talking about a ride around the block. If you did you may change your opinion on the merits of the Cayman and the all around greatness of that car.
Appreciate 0