Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Below are the installed pictures, did it today, as you can see it is not a perfect match to stitching but neither is the steering wheel or interior trims&stitching vs VO exterior paint. In person, it looks and feels infinitely better than stock and like I wished for, it gives some much needed color to the interior.

Install tricksl: None serious really, pull the old one off and put the other one back on. Of course, the lever must be up position while doing these. You may need to take out the alcantara boot which needs some finger searching around the boot where it meets with the plastic consol but it comes out easy and gets in even easier, kind of like the side marker unit, like that boot also has clips holding it in place inside.

Be careful about not making left-right movements while taking out the old one and putting the new, you must use force in a very linear fashion in order not to break the plastic clips inside the lever. Old and new are identical inside. You will need strong hands and a good deal of force which means that DO NOT PUNCH YOURSELF IN THE FACE or smash your dashboard!Use common sense all the time

Couldn't take any pictures during install process but I have a few installed:

Attachment 821718

Attachment 821719

Attachment 821722

Attachment 821723
I really like it, thanks for sharing the installed pics
Appreciate 0