View Single Post
      09-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #25
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 08

I have the whistle too... but after so many reads, I doubt it is all the same for all of us.

Some it's the mirror alone, some it's windows.

My little test is roll the window down, get the whistle, put your hand over the back of the mirror (while driving) and see if the whistle stops. If so, it's the mirror.

If you have the 2 piece clear bra on the mirror back, try some tape to change the channel gap, and see if it goes away. I have been to busy to fix it... plus it reminds me to slow down a bit...(I know I know)

I don't think removing the clear bra off the front of the car is smart at all. But that's me...plus very $$$$ just find where the noise comes from, and mod it temporary till prove where it comes from.

One guy has it from the bottom of his mirror, and no clear bra... everyone is a bit different.. I know it is from the small gap on my 2 piece clear bra, and my dealer way of fixing it is just remove 1 piece. I didn't pay to have nothing protected... lol

Anyway hope that helps. I find usually KISS (keep it simple silly) works...plus usually the simple answer is usually what solves things...

EspressoBoy
Appreciate 0