View Single Post
      09-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
TiAg135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 TiAG 135i, 2011 X3 35i

My High Pressure Fuel Pump Experience

Have a May '08 manufactured 135i

Over the weekend, was driving around, all of a sudden noticed some bogging and the yellow indicator icon of the engine half filled popped up. Pulled over to the side, restarted and it seemed to go away, but later that night same thing happened, went into limp mode, and the Service Engine Soon light went on. Next morning same behavior and when starting it cranked a good deal longer than before.

Took it into the dealer and they immediately suspected the Fuel Pump (which I suspected, but they said it without me pushing my suspicion).

For those interested, I'm copying line by line the report from the technician.

The only part number for the high pressure fuel pump I have on the invoice is: 1 13-51-7-592-881. Not sure if that is before or after pump, though below it says "3rd generation" was used.

3752 CONFIRMED CUSTOMER'S COMPLAIN. RAN SHORT TEST. FC 2FBF STORES. SI B 12 55 06 PRETAINS. RAN TEST PLAN B1214_DI6KNDR (LOW PRESSURE TEST PLAN). REMOVED UNDER BODY PANELING & TAPPED INTO FUEL LINE TO MEASURE PRESSURE. PRESSURE IS 5.7 BAR, MIN SPEC IS 5 BAR. TEST PLAN HAD ME CLEAR ADAPTATIONS FROM EKPS MEMORY, CLEAR ALL FC'S & TEST DRIVE VEHICLE. AFTER TEST DRIVE, PULLED CAR IN AND RAN TEST PLAN B1214_DI6KHDR (HIGH PRESSURE TEST PLAN). AFTER 30 SECONDS FUEL PRESSURE DROPPED FROM 130 BAR TO 4 BAR. MIN SPEC AT IDLE IS 50 BAR. OBTAINED DIAG CODE D1350_00000000_02_001. CHECKED LATEST SOFTWARE ON CAR. CAR IS UP TO DATE. GOT A HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP & VERIFIED THAT IT'S A 3RD GEN PUMP. REPLACED HIGH PRESSURE PUMP. CLEARED FUEL ADAPTATIONS & TEST DROVE VEHICLE. TRIED ON COLD START, CAR STARTED RIGHT UP. CAR NO LONGER HAS LONG CRANK TIME @ PRESENT TIME
Appreciate 0