02-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #34
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
Thank you very informative... will try to contact them. Still cant decide which sliders or just passenger side slider. Is there sliders with recline function?
By chance are you driving buckets for daily?
Recline would be function of seat, not sliders. You should buy one set of sliders first, knowing you'd want on passenger side. Mount the driver side but don't bolt in and see how it feels. Some find having no slider might be too low despite setting on highest setting on side mounts. Other taller drivers may even find that the seat doesn't go back far enough (the last hole on the floor mount may not extend back far enough). If it turns out you actually do need the slider, install driver side first with the one slider you do have and order a 2nd one separately and eat the shipping charge.

I never daily'd the car but there was a time I took it out often and I didn't mind it one bit. I found race seats to be more supportive, only getting in and out was a slight pain but I quickly found the best "way". My wife has no problems jumping in and out anymore. The only real issue is how you mount the factory belts. Most run the receptacle outside of the seat where the lap belt has to go over the (high) side bolsters. What happens then is when you brake, the belts tighten up but the lap belts only tighten arojnd the seat, not the driver. What I did was buy a belt extender and snaked it through the side hole of the race seat. Not ideal but better than 'submarining.' The reason you can't put the factory receptacle through the side hole is because it's so rigid, no flexibility whatsoever.

I ran this setup for a year before putting in harnesses.