06-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #66
Augu$tu$
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
as far as "making money" on the 1M... I really consider this to be an engineering excercise. It is a parts bin car of sorts, so many of the items that were used to modify the 1M over the 135 were already " paid for". There are some development costs no doubt... but as far as I am concerned, this was a great way to gauge the market to answer the question if BMW fans would buy a car that isn't badged as an M3/M5/M6/MZ. The answer clearly is a resounding yes.. but the Leipzing plant makes the 1 series models, and the X1.. and the X1 is selling like hot cakes.. so much so that they had to delay the US debut by a year (probably so they could produce 1Ms right?)...

the E92 M3 sedan is going away... and the non M version is still being made and not going away right?
People still want to buy E92 sedans too right? The M cars always arrive to market later than the regular models and they typically leave the market earlier as well. It's been that way for years.

As far as building 1Ms for sold orders... for all we know.. that's exactly what they will do.

As far as posting something official... have you noticed that the same 3-4 people on this site post all the new updates?
Think about how/why that happens..
Firstly, can somebody post the MY2012 for the E90 sedan. I would like to see that the E90 sedan is still going to be here for 2012. Because I would think that they're ending that sedan all together, are they not? Or limiting it to a short six month production. Which is why they are stopping the M3 sedan. To prepare for the next gen.

Secondly, BMW USA didn't get the X1 because of price, not because of what they could produce. No matter what anybody says, this is why. BMW is not going to ever tell the public they are bickering over price internally. They couldn't agree on a price, which is why you don't have them. If you look at Canadian pricing it's all messed up because we paid the money to get the X1. Our X1 is almost the same price as the X3, literally. Plus we have more X1's in stock than 3 Series. We have tons! They way over allocated Canada.

Thirdly, BMW almost always in recent years past does at least a 2-3 year production on every model. Even on the oddball cars such as this. Look at the Z3M Coupe, Z4M Coupe, X5is, 335is, all two year productions.

Finally, it seems like an aweful lot of money spent for an "engineering exercise". Especially to follow it with a lot of advertising, dealer guides, videos etc. Then to make the effort and expense of bringin it to North America. We never get the best stuff. Why would they spend the money to bring us a training exercise?

I just have a tough time believing they would stop it because BMW USA order information from a Sales Manager says so. It's been proven that the N54 will continue into MY2012 in the "is" models despite emission regulations. And the current E82 1 Series will continue into MY2012. And just so I have what you're saying correct...Canada is going to stop producing a MY2012 1M in December of 2011? I'm sorry but this just doesn't makes sense to me at all.
Appreciate 0