View Single Post
      04-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #16
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1155 View Post
As a Now that I'm thinking about an exhaust I figure the three most important things are price, sound, and weight. This thread I'm about to revive is from over 2 years ago but now that many other companies and individuals have or have produced new exhausts, which is NOW the lightest?
Not all the info there is, but here's some random numbers to get you thinking..

Stock Axleback is 36 Lbs

Afe Axleback is 21 lbs

Berk Muffler Delete Axleback is about 20 lbs

Berk Race Muffler Axleback is about 25 lbs

Agency Power and Berk Midpipes are ~20 lbs each

Stock midpipes (my guess based on other data) should be about 30 lbs

AR Design DP's - 14 lbs

Raceland Catless DP's - 8.8 lbs

Supersprint Catless DP's - 16 lbs

The stock muffler seems to be the biggest offender. Which means that the PE has no weight reduction because it uses a the same-size muffler, and the resonator delete is <5 lbs. I can't find data for stock DP's, but i'd imagine with the heavy metals in the cats they'd be pretty heavy too. The midpipes probably don't shed much weight, except for the resonator. But that thing isn't all that heavy anyway..

I'd think that once you get rid of the muffler (or get a sport muffler), lose the DP's, and get rid of the cats/resonator in the midpipes, most exhausts weigh about the same within like 10 lbs, which is the difference between carrying a briefcase into the car with you or not. Biggest question in my mind is how are the raceland DPs so light

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0