View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #36
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianstig View Post
I have a set of APEX Arc8 (18x8.5in et 45) that I use with 235/40 NT-01s (square) on the track. I just purchased a set of JRZ RS1s, and am planning on purchasing springs (6 in front/9in rear?).

Keeping in mind that I run my vorshlag plates around -2.5 camber for both street and track, will I have any problems with fitment/rubbing up front? Will I need spacers? Just not sure how much of a spacer one could use with these wheels in the front, since they are already pretty wide...
-2.5 degrees of camber in the front will definitely provide adequate room for the fender side for your 235/40/18 Nitto NT01's. As long as you pay attention to the location of the spring perch on the JRZ's relative to the wheel and tire and make sure that the spring perch is above the wheel and tire than you should not have problems with rubbing, especially if you are using a 6" linear race spring. We have had a couple customers who's coilovers were spec'd with 7" front springs and they ran into rubbing issues because the spring was too long. At most you may need a 3-5mm front wheel spacer to clear but you should be ok without one and even if you do your camber plates will allow for adequate fender clearance.

Last edited by ApexWheels; 11-29-2012 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 1