11-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #22
Notion-Za
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
That must be a BMW South Africa thing that most of just learned thanks to your post. You should definitely get a full engine oil and filter change (not just top up) at 1200 miles (very probably and preferably a manual transmission fluid change as well since BMW AG suggests this too and most of the globe follows this recomendation, NA being a major exception). Did you check what is written in your car's manual, section maintenance, before taking the car to dealer for 1200 miles service? Mine says it clearly plus I got a confirmation e-mail directy from Munich BMW aftersale technical department which finally convinced my stubborn, totally ignorant (and beautifully indifferent) dealer here in Santiago, Chile. I would be surprised that SA manual states just the diff oil change at 1200 miles. My money goes to, you got a bad service station, which makes you a proud member of a large club of BMW 1M owners!
Sadly the service here on M cars is the worst experience you could ever have. They took a month to change the oil in my dads E60 M5 because they couldn't get it right?? I'd rather just pay a bit and make sure they do everything properly. Better than dealing with these idiot SA's. Luckily one of my brothers friends just became dealer principle at quite a big dealership here and he's taking care of everything for me now.